Name: Leif Henriksen
Date of birth: 29.12.1948
Nationality: Danish (DK)
Owner of LH Consult and senior consultant in New Product Development Processes, Technology Management, and Project Management.
1968 General Certificate of Education, Sønderborg Statsskole.
1974 M.Sc.Mech.Eng. & Naval Architecture, Technical University of Denmark
1975 Military service, Royal Danish Navy, Material Command
In-service training: Business Economics (HD)
Macro Economics (HD)
Business Laws (HD)
Organization Theory (HD)
Marketing Planning (HD)
Quality Management (DIE)
Project Management (DIE)
1975-78 Aalborg Shipyard (Dan Yard Group), Aalborg Denmark
Ship engineering design (equipment, hydrostatics, vibration-noise control, naval vessels, passenger ships, fishing trawlers).
1978-83 Pedershaab Maskinfabrik (F.L.S.Group), Brønderslev, Denmark
Machine manufacturer worldwide. New product design, plant design and construction, Automatic machines for manufacturing of concrete pipes. Mechanical design and project management of plants for ready mix concrete
1983-85 A/S Pentra, Consulting Engineers
Consulting Engineers, Mechanical design and project management, Pilot plants for the chemical and pharmaceutical industry. Design of piping systems for cement plants worldwide
1985-87 Danfoss Systems Hydraulic A/S, Næstved Denmark
Control Equipment Manufacturer
Project & portfolio management Valve control systems for shipbuilding and offshore worldwide, (EEC Research Project, Sub Sea Control Systems)
1987-90 Odense University College of Engineering, Odense Denmark
External Senior Lecturer
Teaching in manufacturing technology, materials, stress analysis, machine elements.
1990- 2005 Odense University College of Engineering, Odense Denmark
Assistant & Associate Professor, member of Academic Study Board.
Teaching in manufacturing technology, materials, mechanical engineering, statics and stress analysis, project supervising, project management.
2005-2015 University of Southern Denmark, Odense Denmark
Faculty of Engineering
Associate Professor, co-creator and head of the new PDI education (Product Development and Innovation) program until 2011.
International Academic Coordinator until 2008, partner exchange agreements with European universities, supervising of students abroad.
Teaching in materials, manufacturing technology, Integrated Product Development Processes, Innovation Theory, Technology Mapping, Project Management, Project Portfolio & Programme Management, semester project supervising. Supervising of M.Sc.Eng. Students in internships & master thesis. Assisting supervisor for Ph.D. students in joint collaboration with international supervisor team.
1987- LH Consult, Denmark
Independent Consultant, Product Development Processes, Quality Management, Project & Technology Management.
Relevant Collaborative Projects between University and Business Life:
- 1998-2000 Improvement project in Danfoss A/S. “Development and Implementation of preventive maintenance system in production”.
- 1999-2000 Development and implementation of laser multi-operation machine in Production Laboratory. Initiating of and participating in a project team.
- 2000-2001 Research project with MicroMatic A/S as an external partner. “ Laser Welding Technology as a Realistic Approach to Welded Stainless Steel Assemblies “.
- 2002-2003 Development project with MicroMatic. “Laser Welding of Stainless Steel Assemblies Compared with Traditional Welding Methods Regarding Quality and Economy”.
Membership of Scientific and Professional Societies:
- Society of Danish Engineers, IDA (member, former chairman of Region Fyn)
- Co-creator of and committee member of “ProjectForumFyn / IDA”
Committee member of FUHR (Forum for Human Resources /IDA)
- Danish Society of Project Management (member from 2006 -2015)
- 3L -Lens Living Lab Organization (member of core team)
- MIBES Academic/Scientific Committee (member)
- Member of Academic Panel at Cranefield College of Project and Programme Management, Johannesburg South Africa
- Blanas G, Kylindri S, Henriksen L.(2011) ” A user´s guide to open source project management software, OPENPRO
- Blanas G, Kylindri S, Henriksen L., Tanev S(2011)” Social Networking Aspects of Project Management Teams for Effective Value Propositions”. MIBES Int. conference 2011.
- Henriksen L, Gayretli A (2010). “Project and Innovation Management in New
Product Development Processes”. IPMA world congress 2010.
- Henriksen L, Gayretli A(2012).” Innovation Management in New Product Development Processes.” IERD Conference in Sofia 2012.
- Kylindri S., Blanas G., Tanev S. & Henriksen L.”A Generic Model for Project Team Research” 26th IPMA World Congress, Crete, Greece, 2012
- Henriksen L, Gayretli A. (2013). “ Innovative Product Development Processes”Chapter 9 in ”Globalisation and Innovative Business Models” IPMA Book 2013, ISBN: 978-93-8212-715-4.
International Conferences/ Workshops/ co-creator, organizer and/or speaker:
- TEI, Larissa (GR), 2010, 2008. University of Maribor, (SI), 2010, 2009. Alunord intensive course in Nordic Countries, 2000 – 2009.
- Nordic and Baltic Business Innovation Network, 2008-13.
- IPMA Festival of Knowledge, Odense, (DK) 2008
- IPMA Expert Seminar, Celje, (SI) 2009
- Højskolen i Vestfold,(NO), 2010.
- IPMA World Congress, Istanbul (TR) 2010
- IPMA Festival of Knowledge, Riversdale (ZA) 2012
- ICEIRD, Sofia, (BG) 2012
- Festival of Knowledge, Odense 2013, (DK)
- KM FEST Celje, (SI) 2014
- Multi-perspective Leadership, Odense, (DK) 2015
- Mibes, Larissa (GR) 2015
- Project Management Festival & KMFEST 2016, Odense, (DK)
Language Skills: Danish as native language
English: full professional proficiency